Pages

Friday 27 June 2014

Inexplicable Male Habits and how I Don't Get Them.

After my gushing  praise of my DOH in my last blog I  thought it was about  time I set  the record straight. Living with a man is  an eye opener in many ways, and there are  things that my man does  that I just don't get. I bet many women will have  experienced some or  most of these oddities.

1. He switches things  off at the wall

.

 Not everything, not every day. that would  be too simple, I could  keep up  with that. We have an extension cord beside  the sofa in our living  room. We keep a phone  charger and  the lead for our laptop plugged into it, sometimes it's  being used sometimes not. Occasionally, with no comment or warning I find  it is switched off. Usually I discover it  when I have left my phone to charge   while I go for a shower only to find 40 mins later my phone  almost dead and I need to take  a charger  to work.


2. My brakes are fine, our  driveway is flat and  yet he feels the need to leave  my car in gear in the driveway    " in case  the breaks fail". On  the odd occasion I drive  his car, I know  to check, but I forget if  he has driven my car last evening and I jump in  to get to work and switch on before checking LURCH!

3. I, like many women, leave stuff on  the bottom step of  the stairs as in " Please take this loo roll/shower gel/ toothpaste up  with you next time  you go up". He , like my teen daughter steps over it, like 4 times before I eventually lift it  and take it up.

4. He has not  one, not two but 4 shower gels on  the go at once.


 I usually finish one  before moving  on to  the next, mind  you I do currently have 3 shampoos on  the go- but that's different, my hair  has special needs.

5. If a light bulb goes he replaces it with one  from a light that isn't often used, fine, until you go to use that light.

6. He doesn't "deal" with stuff at the appropriate time ( as I see it). He cleans  the bar-b-que before he uses it rather than after  the last time. So, last Sunday  the barby came out for  the first time  this year and  had to have the grease cleaned off from sometime last summer- yuk. Right  now it is on  the deck, greasy and  also wet and  the tools are still in  the kitchen waiting  to be put away with it.
Hi gym stuff from Friday morning sits in  the bag until Sunday night when he needs to restock for Monday morning. I have tried to encourage  him to restock on Friday night and put  the darn thing into his car so I don't  have to dodge smelly gym stuff every time I go up and  down stairs, what with all those bathroom supplies it's busy on our stairs.

7. He resets  the heat to suit his manly warmth. I'm not a cold sufferer , but I do like  the house  to be warm enough that you don't  have to wear a sleeping bag, and we have little kids who streak, it  needs to be comfortable.

8. In our  house my DOH has the pleasure of emptying  the bins. He usually waits until, they are over flowing  and then has  a good old grunt and swear when the cheap crappy bags  I have bought split all over  the kitchen floor.

9. If  he washes any clothes, he puts all colours in at  the same time saying " they'll be fine at 40 degrees". The HORROR! I am a laundry control freak and HATE colours  and whites, I just had a shudder down my spine.

10.All plastic bags are turned into odd knotted things and left about  the place, crisp bags, sandwich bags, carrier bags.



11. He plays games on his tablets  rather than reading books. Poker, solitaire, online scrabble, football manager, fantasy football etc.

12. He has new clothes , but insists in wearing  the holey, stinky or just plain naff in his wardrobe.

13. He is  super clean but sometimes has to be reminded to change his PJ's

14. He NEVER EVER changes the bed. ( and rarely makes it)

15. When the house  is  so dirty the rats  have moved out he doesn't  notice and wouldn't get  the hoover/mop/duster out  without the age old "would  you like to mop or vacuum" from the woman of  the house.


Now I know I sound like I am having a big moan about my man, but these are only little things, that drive  me nuts. He is so much more tolerant  of  my bad habits than I am of his. For this I am eternally grateful.

Let  me know  if  your man does  any of  these things, I am sure my list isn't exhaustive.

No comments:

Post a Comment