Pages

Friday 25 April 2014

Bunny Bonanza

I hope you all had a great Easter. We really enjoyed the good weather and were able to spend some time with family and friends over  the holiday.

I made myself a bunny brooch for Easter and  no sooner had Nancy and Florence seen  them than they had  to have one  , then Olivia ( my step daughter) 



 then I made one for a Swap-Bot partner 

and a friend wanted one so I have completed his  this week.


It really has been a bunny bonanza. I prefer the darker ones as I think the wool takes it's own personality better. The lighter fibres show up my (many many) mistakes and I find them harder to get to do  what you want.

I made a couple  of cross stitch bookmarks too last month, for my sister and  for someone who does a lot of  work in our  community. I was quite pleased with the way they turned out. I got the flowers from an old Jo Verso cross-stitch book that I bought in a second hand book store and  the letters I got from a HUGE free online resource here.



 I just backed them with some scrap fabric and added a ribbon as the book mark. 

I am toying with putting a few bits and bobs online , probably Folksy as I had a look and there are a lot of brooches, but none like mine. I think I will need to hone my technique somewhat. I love  the bunnies and wear mine  with pride, but as my  Swap bot recipient said " thanks for  the bunny, my sister is wearing it, she has a quirky style" ha ha ha ha ha!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment